Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been in existence ever since the college started in year 2011. Department is affiliated to JNTU Kakinada since 2011. The Department is proud to have a vibrant student fraternity who pursue Undergraduate. The annual intake of students is 120+24 in the undergraduate course.
Mechanical Engineering is one of the major activities in the engineering profession and its principles are involved in the design, study, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems. Continued research and development have led to better machines and processes helping the mankind.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
- Core Knowledge: The mechanical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science, engineering skills, humanities, social science, management, conceptual and practical understanding of core mechanical engineering area with project development.
- Employment: The mechanical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of Industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
- Professional Competency: The mechanical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- PO - a: An ability to apply fundamental concepts of mathematics, science and engineering.
- PO - b: An ability to design, conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- PO - c: An ability to design Mechanical system, components and processes to meet specified needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, safety, manufacturability aspects.
- PO - d: An ability to work as an individual (or) as a leader in diverse teams and in multi disciplinary environment.
- PO - e: An ability to identify, formulate and solve Mechanical engineering problems.
- PO - f: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional and social responsibilities.
- PO - g: An ability to communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical forms.
- PO - h: The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in environmental and societal context with sustainability.
- PO - i: An ability to engage in life-long learning through recognition of the need.
- PO - j: An ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools to mechanical engineering problems with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO - k: An ability to apply the principles of management in their respective areas of work.