Departmrnt of Civil Engineering
About the department:
The Civil Engineering Department was established in 2012. It is well equipped for running under graduate and post graduate courses. Presently, the department offers B.Tech-Civil Engineering and M.Tech-Structural Engineering with an intake of 120 and 24 respectively.
The department has taken up various research programmes apart from regular teachings and the research activities, funded/sponsored by DST, NRDMS, NHAI, AP-Transport, AICTE and UGC. It has created cooperation with industries to work for the various tasks given by Govt., Semi-Govt. and other Private organisations. It is particularly dedicating in providing solutions to the people of the country in particular people of Andhra Pradesh with technical solutions and guidelines. It conducts short-term courses, training courses, seminars, workshops and conferences for enrichment in quality of students. The department has its own Civil Engineering Forum which is dedicated in organising lectures by various experts in their respective field, group discussions, competitions, sports and various other extra-curricular and cultural activities so that there would be an holistic all round development of students.
Various lab facilities are provided to students here. The labs here are Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Concrete Technology, Engineering Geology, Hydraulics, Surveying and GIS. It has its own separate computer lab and dept. library. Apart from that there is a separate Seminar Hall and E-Centre.
- Department Strengths & Facilities:
- Graduates will be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to solve complex civil engineering problems.
- Graduates will attain the capability to identify, formulate and analyse problems related to civil engineering and substantiate the conclusions
- Graduates will be in a position to design solutions for civil engineering problems and design system components and processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration to public health and safety.
- Graduates will be able to perform analysis and interpretation of data by using research methods such as design of experiments to synthesize the information and to provide valid conclusions.
- Graduates will be able to select and apply appropriate techniques from the available resources and modern civil engineering and software tools, and will be able to predict and model complex engineering activities with an understanding of the practical limitations.
- Graduates will be able to carry out their professional practice in civil engineering by appropriately considering and weighing the issues related to society and culture and the consequent responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions on environmental safety and legal issues.
- Graduates will transform into responsible citizens by resorting to professional ethics and norms of the engineering practice.
- Graduates will be able to function effectively in individual capacity as well as a member in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary streams.
- Graduates will be able to communicate fluently on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and society, and will be able to prepare reports and make presentations effectively.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the same while managing projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Graduates will engage themselves in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change while continuing professional practice in their specialized areas of civil engineering.